If you are reading this blog post or if you have read my new book, then you understand being a Virtual Employee is the future of how we work. It is quickly becoming the NEW standard of the type of job people want and strive to achieve. The idea of being able to work the way you want and have the freedom and a flexible schedule that molds to your life is very compelling. But, not every company or manager is forward thinking enough to put a priority on allowing this type of work arrangement. Telecommuting, working from home, remote working, still carry some negative connotation. So, how do you find a great job fit for a modern, productive, Virtual Employee?
Here is a top 10 list of benefits you get from signing up with FlexJobs.com:
- Job search instant gratification. Instead of spending endless hours digging through the junk, ads, and scams for the "needles in the haystack" - the good jobs -- instead delegate that to us! Then, just log on and have instant access to the best telecommuting, part-time, freelance, and flextime jobs.
- Protect yourself from online job scams and fraud. This can't be understated... scammers are smart, they are aggressive, and unfortunately they're often quite good at what they do. Trust our trained team to hand-screen the jobs for you and remove anything that's not legitimate.
- Get the best variety of professional and flexible jobs. We currently have over 12,618 active job postings from 3,140 companies, ranging 50 career categories, full-time to freelance, entry-level to executive. FlexJobs has something for nearly everyone.
- No ads, no scams, no clutter... just good jobs. We don't have any annoying banner ads, scams promising you a million dollars for only a week of work, or no confusing advertorials trying to sell you questionable products. We're not fans of that stuff, and we're guessing that you aren't either.
- Our award-winning website is pretty awesome. We invested a ton of time and energy in 2010 to completely redesign our website to provide a more intuitive, professional, and positive job search experience. You are worth it.
- You get what you pay for. While we know there are many other free options out there for job searching, we also know that most of them aren't that great. Free isn't always better. FlexJobs offers a top notch service and provides an excellent value for your money. And if we don't...
- Or, you can ask for your money back. If you're not satisfied for any reason, simply cancel and ask for a refund. Done.
- Great customer support is really important to us, and we're not just saying that. When you contact us, you'll actually connect with an honest-to-goodness real person from our team who truly wants to help you make your job search a productive and positive one. On this one, you can call us old-fashioned.
- Jobs with flexibility are good for work-life balance, the environment, and the bottom line. Telecommuting, flextime, part-time schedules offer a long list of benefits, including lifestyle, environmental, and economic benefits. Too long to list here, but check out this article if you want to know more.
- FlexJobs is the real deal. The staff behind FlexJobs is top notch, and we not only talk the talk, but we walk the walk... our whole staff work flexible hours from home offices across the country. We truly understand what our members want, because we want the same: good job opportunities that offer flexibility, so that we can live our lives to the fullest. :-)
I have not tried FlexJobs out myself. But, I assure you that if and when I need to look for a new job, FlexJobs will be one of the first places I go first. They appear to have made some good relationships with companies that target specific virtual jobs using their service. It's worth a try in my opinion.
Flexjobs.com does charge a fee. It is not a free service. Here is the breakdown of what that looks like:
- $14.95 for a month -- a low-cost way to use FlexJobs, or if you anticipate a short job search timeline.
- $29.95 for 3-months -- at only $10 a month, this is a smart option to give yourself a realistic time-frame to find the best opportunities for you
- $49.95 for a year -- at less than $5 a month, a great deal with savings of over $120! Excellent for freelancers or people anticipating more than 3 months for their job search.
Every subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to the best hand-screened telecommuting, part-time, flextime, and freelance job postings available!
- An easy, quick profile process that enables you to be found by hiring employers.
- Free skills testing to clearly establish and market your skills to employers.
- Email and/or twitter alerts when new jobs are posted.
- Expert job search tips and resources to help you make your search more effective.
- The ability to upload your resumes and work samples to make you more marketable to employers.
- Newsletters with news, expert tips, and special offers.
- And much more!
If you are in the market for a new job or career change and you want something flexible or truly virtual, then Flexjobs.com may be a great place to start. Please leave a comment below if you or someone you know found success using this service. It will be good to hear from some of you about your own experience.