As a writer I still very much appreciate a well crafted book. Doesn't matter if it is an eBook, PDF, hardcover, softcover, books are still an important way to articulate a coherent story, theme or message. Here is a list of books that I found to be very useful in my journey to become a Virtual Employee. Leave a comment below with your own favorites and we will see about adding them to the list.
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss - This is the book that started things off for me. It is a great read and good motivator. I dare say this is required reading for those that want to really understand and embrace the concept of the "new rich".
- Lifehacker: The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better by Adam Pash and Gina Trapani - I am pretty sure that the blog www.lifehacker.com is where I first heard about The 4-Hour Workweek. This book is a great compilation of some of the best lifehacking on the planet.
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz - Tim Ferriss mentioned this book in the 4-Hour Workweek as required reading. I completely agree. Read it.
- First, Break All the Rules: What the World's Greatest Managers Do Differently by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman - If you are a manager or want to learn about how great managers operate, read this book. I found it very insightful and helped me understand my management.
- One Person/Multiple Careers: A New Model for Work/Life Success by Marci Alboher - I am a big believer in Marci's theory of "The Slash Effect". Take me for example: I am a Developer/Author/Blogger. Actually, I could make that even longer but you get the picture. She makes a great case for something most of us do already, so embrace it and understand the benefits.
- The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing It All" Gets Nothing Done by Dave Crenshaw - I make reference to this concept in my book when talking about productivity.
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch - When you understand the 80/20 principle you will see where you can use it in all aspects of your life.